On FLOOR, you will be prompted to select your audio and video device so that people can hear and see you at the event. You need to give browser permissions for FLOOR to access your AV devices.
- Please be sure that you are preferably using Chrome browser and that it is updated.
- If that doesn't work, be sure to give browser permissions in Chrome. Make sure your camera and microphone are allowed for FLOOR. Under Permissions, locate Camera and Microphone. FLOOR should be one of the approved sites.
Allow Camera and Microphone in a web browser
You will see a small video icon where you enter URL(besides bookmark star). Click on that and allow permission to access your camera and microphone. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:
- Click on the highlighted icon in your URL and allow Camera, Microphone and Sound
- Try opening the event in new incognito window on Chrome.
Allow applications access to your computer's Microphone and Camera
In Windows 10, you're able to set a default Mic, but there are also system-level Camera permissions on which applications can access your camera. Here's how to set these:
- Click on the Microsoft icon and click the Settings icon
- Select 'Privacy' and then search for 'Camera'
- Scroll down and look for the section 'Allow access to the camera on this device' and click the 'Change' button under 'Camera Access for this device is on'
- Make sure the toggle option for 'Allow apps to access your camera' is also turned on
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on Camera access for the browser you're using
To allow microphone permissions, go back to the Settings page and select 'Privacy' and then click 'Microphone'
- Under 'Allow access to the microphone on this device' and click the 'Change' button under 'Microphone access for this device is on'
- Make sure the toggle option for 'Allow apps to access your microphone' is turned on
- Finally in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for the browser you're using
Check for Audio Inputs and Outputs on your Device:
- Open up the Settings panel
- Select 'System' settings and click on 'Sound'
- Scroll down to the Input section and use the dropdown menu to select the desired input device
Reset the camera app on Windows 10
Resetting the camera app can fix some system glitches that may cause the camera to not work on Windows 10 and gives the app a fresh restart. To restart the camera app, follow these steps:
1. Open up the Settings panel and select 'Apps' and then 'Apps & Features'
2. Click 'Camera' and then 'Advanced options'
3. Click the 'Reset' button
How to remove sound echo
The following maybe the possible reasons of audio echoes during your event.
Kindly follow the tips below to fix them:
1) The built-in speakers on your computer might be playing back the sound that your built-in mic is picking up. To fix this, refer to the below steps:
- Lower the volume of your built-in-speakers
- Use a headset or a headphone with a mic included
- If you are using external speakers, place the speakers far away from the laptop mic and reduce the volume to a comfortable level
2) Changing the sound settings on your computer can help minimize echo issues. Here are the steps on how to adjust your sound settings:
- Open the Control Panel and click on 'Sound'
- Select the Recording tab, right-click your microphone, and select 'Properties'
- Select the Enhancements tab, disable all enhancements, and click 'Apply'
For Mac Configuration:
- Open System Preferences and click on the 'Sound' icon
- Click on 'Input' and un-check the 'use ambient noise reduction' and close the window
3) Use Chrome preferably and close other browsers
4) Check for sources of background noise and refrain from the external sources of noise
5) Mute your microphone while another person is talking. Ask the other person to do the same when you are talking
6) Reset the Internet connection (should be high speed network) and try connecting back
7) If you are using a standalone microphone (i.e., not the built-in one on your computer or a headset), try moving it farther away from your mouth. Also be sure to move any hand-held electronic devices (such as an iPhone) away from your mic and speakers, as this can cause echo.