There are certain functions and features on FLOOR which the organizer often does not want a host to have access to. Host is basically the moderator at the event so his access should be restricted to only the event's session activities on FLOOR.
The HOST is the one who is on "stage" with the speakers, hosting and moderating the entire Event.
Find below what can you do as a Host on FLOOR :
- Backstage: Once you click on "click to join" button from your event invite mail, you will land on the backstage of the Event on FLOOR.
- Go Live: When you click on this button on top right of your screen, it will take you to live session. You may share the stage with the speaker or can hand over to them. You have all that in your control.
- Go Backstage: This is self explanatory, by clicking on this, you will go to backstage again.
Digital Handout Bag
There is a digital handout bag link at the top right of your screen. All the handouts uploaded by you at event level and viewed by you from any session would show here. You can manage the handouts from here as well.
This option will let you know your internet strength, your camera and microphone settings. If all is well and still you face any issues, you may click on reboot.
On the right hand of your screen you have multiple session activities options as below:
1) Partners: Using this option, you can hide/ show your sponsors ticker on screen
2) Discuss: This option will be available backstage as well as with Go Live. You may view/ participate in the discussions, bifurcated in three categories.
a. Audience/ Public: You can read public chat and can also write your own comments.
b. Panelists/ Private: Here you will be able to exchange messages among panelists only. This is a private discussion forum among speakers, host and moderators.
3) QnA: An attendee can ask questions from the panelists in two ways:
- Raise Hand - The host can choose to answer these question by inviting the person on stage. You can invite them by clicking on the highlighted button below "+invite"
- QnA discussion forum - Pick up the question from Questions Asked
- You can bookmark any preferred hand raise or Question to be picked up later, by clicking on "star" icon highlighted below.
- If the questions and hand raise are several in number, you may also sort them by time or bookmark, to be answered later
-In the hand raise option, if the guest does not leave screen himself, the host/ admin can also disconnect him Dashboard > QnA > Disconnect (in place of "+invite" option, it will show "disconnect")
-In the QnA option, the question picked to answer, would show as broadcast message on screen, to the audience as well.
4) Panelist: You can view all the panelists with bifurcation as Host, Moderator, Speakers and Admins and their respective profile from here. Also, you can connect with them via messages, by clicking on their profile picture.
5) Polls: You may create polls, release them to audience and can even delete them, as and when required.
The questions in polls can be closed/ polar type with answers yes or no, or they can be multiple choice. Also, it is totally at your discretion if you want to show results to audience or nor.
6) Handouts: You can manage (upload/ publish/ unpublish) session-wise handouts from here. This option allows you to upload any required files, brochures or videos. Audience can view them in the handouts option from left panel menu. Please refer to the GIF image below:
7) Audience: With this option you can view all your audience/ users, their profiles and can also chat with them via messages.
Other Session Activities on the footer bar of screen
Mic: You can mute/ unmute yourself using this option while you are backstage.
Cam: This option allows you to put your camera on/ off.
Present Off: This will allow you to share your screen with other panelists at backstage.
Leave: By clicking on this you may anytime leave the screen/ session.
Language Interpretation: If you have enabled the option audio Interpretation then you/ users can choose language of their choice.
Full Screen: You can enlarge your screen by clicking on the highlighted button below. And then can get back to normal by clicking again on the same or clicking Esc.
Expand: You can expand screen to hide the sponsor ticker/ session activity display from right section of the screen
The host has access to Room Settings option at the bottom right of the screen which comprises of features required to control over the event and make it a big success.
As the name suggests, this option will allow you to do settings for your various sessions. You can control various functionalities, personalize or live stream from here.
Just select the session from the drop down and navigate and select the option you require:
Room Status: You can Enable the Override Status and select the required status for the session from the drop down.
Please refer to what each status functions like:
Note: You may move the audience from one session to the next, independently, by selecting option "OVER".
Features & Functionality: Admins can enable or disable any of the functionality from right menu of the screen. Also you can set any of these as default option.
Audience Interactions & Engagements: This will allow you to enable/ disable (show/ hide respectively on screen) any of the statistics below for the selected session.
Broadcast Mode: If you want to stream your event on Floor, from 3rd party Studio, then you have to enable this option.
However, this feature is still in Beta.
On Demand Playback: If the session has multiple recordings captured, you may choose which recording can be played if any user accesses the session after it is over.
Audio Interpretation: Here, we have launched our much awaited feature of Language Interpretation for our audience. Powered by interprefy.com
When the meeting or webinar starts, the host can start the interpretation feature.
Attendees can then hear the translated audio in their language of choice, as well as have the option to mute the original audio instead of hearing it in a lower volume with their chosen language.
Room Skin: You can add background skin for entire FLOOR. Room specific skins can override FLOOR default skin.
Stage Background: You can select and upload any background image for your Stage
Welcome Video: You can select and upload welcome video for your session.
This will allow you to Live Stream your event on YouTube or Facebook. To know how to live stream, kindly refer to this article.
Anytime during the event, you may write your message and broadcast to your audience.
Share & Invite
You can share the event on social media or can invite your friends directly, through this option, at the bottom right of your screen.
You can exit the session/ room, by clicking on this option.
On the left of your screen you will find certain landing pages as captured below, to update your attendees about the event and network with other participants.
FLOOR - A user can click on this icon "Floor", to see the complete layout of the event.
You can arrange the complete placement of speakers, the VIP lounges, booths, sponsors, networking tables and agenda & schedule of the event as required.
Stage - This will show information about all the sessions/ rooms of the event. The one which are ongoing or about to start (in green) or which are scheduled later (in blue) and those which have ended (in grey). The number 2 implies that two simultaneous sessions are ongoing.
Lobby - This will show you the list of the fellow attendees. You can search any attendee by name or company. You can view their profile and can connect directly with them one to one by clicking on the respective profile picture
Lounge - We ensure that your event is interactive and engaging. So we allow attendees network among one another when desired. Here, one can grab a seat and network with others, any time during the event. This will let users leave the ongoing session and join their private meet. However, If they want, they may switch back to the live session anytime again.
VIP Lounge - If any of the VIPS are present in their rooms then users can chat with them and can grab private meetings with them, at their discretion (If they are present in their rooms).
Booths - Visitors can see all the participating exhibitors, their profiles, download their brochures. Also, if they are available, they may chat with them and can grab meeting with them at their discretion. If the exhibitors are in their room and available for meeting, it would show you in blue color as below. Else, they would show "Busy".
One can browse booths using Tags/ Categories filter at the bottom right of your screen in Booths section. Also, you can Search any booth by name from the option at the left.
Please refer to the screenshots here:
Handouts - Herein, attendees may find and download all the documents, brochures or videos uploaded by you.
Helpdesk - As the name suggests, this may include one or two members (depending upon the number of attendees) from your organization who can always be available for help to your visitors/ attendees. For instance, if anyone faces any issues during the event, related to mic or camera, they may reach out to people available at the reception and share their concern. This encourages customer support.
Feeds: You can post your feeds/ thoughts about the session from here and can watch & like others' feeds as well.
- Use laptop/ PC for the best experience. And, our platform works best on Google Chrome.
- Refer to the Checklist before accessing FLOOR