There are certain functions and features on FLOOR which the organizer often does not want a host to have access to. Host is basically the moderator at the event so his access should be restricted to only the event's session activities on FLOOR.
The HOST is the one who is on "stage" with the speakers, hosting and moderating the entire Event.
Find below what can you do as a Host on FLOOR :
- Backstage: Once you click on "click to join" button from your event invite mail, you will land on the backstage of the Event on FLOOR.
- Go Live: When you click on this button on top right of your screen, it will take you to live session. You may share the stage with the speaker or can hand over to them. You have all that in your control.
- Go Backstage: This is self explanatory, by clicking on this, you will go to backstage again.
The host dashboard comprises of the most essential and exclusive features required to control over the event and make it a big success.
Host is vested with powers to control only SESSION SETTINGS. This feature allows you to change/ update the status of the session.
You have multiple options as defined below:
Note: You may move the audience from one session to the next, independently, by selecting option "OVER".
- Host can enable & disable following functionality for any session.
-Hand Raise On/Off
-Enable/ Disable Engagement Stats: You can hide the number of Participants, Likes or Hands Raised for audience, by disabling this option. Admins will still be able to see the numbers.
-Enable/ Disable On-Demand Recording Playback: If the session has multiple recordings captured, you may choose which recording can be played if any user accesses the session after it is over.
Note: If a user goes to any session via Stage, which is over and for which the On-Demand Recording Playback is enabled, h/she will see like below and can play & watch the recording
For other sessions, the screen will look like below:
An attendee can ask questions from the panelists in two ways:
- Raise Hand - The organizer can choose to answer these question by inviting the person on stage
- QnA discussion forum - Pick up the question from Questions Asked
-In the former option, if the guest does not leave screen himself, the host can also disconnect him Dashboard > QnA > Disconnect (in place of "+invite" option, it will show "disconnect")
-In the latter option, the question picked to answer, would show as broadcast message on screen, to the audience as well.
You may create polls, release them to audience and can even delete them as and when required.
The questions in polls can be closed/ polar type with answers yes or no, or they can be multiple choice. Also, it is totally at your discretion if you want to show results to audience or nor.
This again, is an exclusive feature which allows you to mass communicate with your audience or panelists.
This encourages engagement and helps in making the session more interactive.
Anytime during the event, you may write your message and broadcast to your target audience (attendees or panelists).
In case, you select the former option (Broadcast to public) then it will include speakers as well and the message would appear on their screen too.
This is the most demanding feature wherein you can record your sessions. Once the session starts, you need to Go Live and click on Record.
You can start and stop anytime as required. You can also Play them backstage and can also download the same
Note: If you have taken multiple recordings, they would show in this option but we recommend you do not click on Play during the event.
This option allows you to upload any required files, brochures or videos. Audience can view them in the handouts option from left panel menu.
On the right hand of your screen you have multiple session activities options as below:
- Mic On: You can mute/ unmute yourself using this option while you are backstage.
- Cam On: This option allows you to put your camera on/ off.
- Present Off: This will allow you to share your screen with other panelists at backstage.
- Discuss: This option will be available backstage as well as with Go Live. You may view/ participate in the discussions, bifurcated in three categories.
a. Audience/ Public: You can read public chat and can also write your own comments.
b. Panelists/ Private: Here you will be able to exchange messages among panelists only. This is a private discussion forum among speakers, host and moderators.
c. QnA: You can view the questions been asked by attendees here. And can write your own messages as well.
d. Archive: You can also archive the whole chat/ discussion if you want:
5. Polls: You can view active polls and their result here.
6. Leave: By clicking on this you may anytime leave the screen/ session.
7. Full Screen: You can enlarge your screen by clicking on the highlighted button below. And then can get back to normal by clicking again on the same or clicking Esc.
On the left of your screen you will find certain landing pages as captured below, to update your attendees about the event and network with other participants.
Stage - This will show information about all the sessions/ rooms of the event. The one which are ongoing or about to start (in green) or which are scheduled later (in blue) and those which have ended (in grey). The number 2 implies that two simultaneous sessions are ongoing.
Lobby - This will show you the list of the fellow attendees. You can search any attendee by name or company.
Lounge - We ensure that your event is interactive and engaging. So we allow attendees network among one another when desired. Here, one can grab a seat and network with others, any time during the event. This will let users leave the ongoing session and join their private meet. However, If they want, they may switch back to the live session anytime again.
VIP Lounge - If any of the VIPS are present in their rooms then users can chat with them and can grab private meetings with them, at their discretion (If they are present in their rooms).
Booths - Visitors can see all the participating exhibitors, their profiles, download their brochures. Also, if they are available, they may chat with them and can grab meeting with them at their discretion. If the exhibitors are in their room and available for meeting, it would show you in blue color as below. Else, they would show "Busy".
Handouts - Herein, attendees may find and download all the documents, brochures or videos uploaded by you.
Helpdesk - As the name suggests, this may include one or two members (depending upon the number of attendees) from your organization who can always be available for help to your visitors/ attendees. For instance, if anyone faces any issues during the event, related to mic or camera, they may reach out to people available at the reception and share their concern. This encourages customer support.
- Use laptop/ PC for the best experience. And, our platform works best on Google Chrome.
- Refer to the Checklist before accessing FLOOR