FLOOR is a space for you to build your community. By definition, FLOOR is always open and you can host your event on it.
Below is the explanation on the different modes of FLOOR; before, during and after your event - Preview/ Open/ Closed respectively and what users can be allowed to do in the different Modes.
Most important to understand here is, when would you be charged for user participation and what you can do to minimize your cost.
Only Admins of the events have the powers to control this function.
FLOOR has the following three modes:
- Preview: As the name suggests, the FLOOR is in Preview mode prior to the event day (From the time the event is created till the day event starts)
- Open: FLOOR automatically goes to Open Mode on the event day.
- Closed: Once the event gets over, you can keep the FLOOR open or can close it
Note: Once the event is created, the FLOOR is in Open Mode, by default. However, you may switch to Preview Mode until the event day.
How to change these modes:
Once you are inside your Admin Dashboard, you would see the option to switch mode. Kindly refer to the image below.
Preview Mode for Users:
As the name ‘preview’ implies, user can enter and see the wonderful setup, but cannot participate in any live-action.
Once you create a FLOOR and launch your event, by default it is in "OPEN" mode and you may choose to put in "PREVIEW" mode.
Like an event landing page, user can do many things in a preview mode. Here is the list:
- Can see the Agenda of the event and bookmark it
- Can see the Speaker list and bookmark it
- Can see the Attendee list and send connect requests
- Can check out the Exhibitor list, bookmark them or pre-schedule meeting
- Send Questions to the organiser from the helpdesk section
- Bookmaking & pre-scheduling is still under development
- There are a few things users cannot do in preview mode, mainly they cannot engage in a 2-way live connection:
- There cannot be any live session ongoing
- The lounge (coffee shop) is not open
- Exhibitor booths are not open for meetings
Open Mode for Users:
In the Open Mode, basically, FLOOR is live for 2-way interaction, which includes audio and video. So users can have:
- Host live sessions
- The lounge (coffee shop) is open for networking
- Exhibitor booths are open for meetings
Post-event you have choose to leave the FLOOR open for above interaction, including, ‘session playbacks’.
Closed Mode for Users
Once your event is over, you may choose to close the FLOOR, if you do not want to allow any further interaction.
In closed mode, your FLOOR is shut and user cannot enter. FLOOR should be marked closed when:
- There is no need for allowing session playback
- Do not require further interactions in the lounge or booths
Note: You are charged checkin (user participation fee), only when the FLOOR is in OPEN mode or if it goes over the threshold limit. To know more about the threshold limit or free allowance, please refer to this article.